Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Looking foreward

I took my niece to college this weekend. There have been some of my friends who say she is a lot like me, but only because I have had a 30 year head start on her. She will pass me soon. She is so full of confidence and excitement right now. I just loved it when she said, "I am so wierd, my roommates are going to love me!"

It was fun to be the one that got to experience her excitement at this point in her life. I have a friend that says we don't usually recognize the turning points in our life when they happen. I remember the day I got dropped off at college. Although I remember it clearly, that day was not a turning point, but the next few months were. Some of the change came from the things I learned in the classroom, but most came from learning about myself when I broke my leg, or decided at the last minute to drive to Mexico, or decided that clearing brush at the ski area was a good way to earn a season pass. It was those things that helped me recognize myself.

Good luck Tevi, and like I tell the kids in my class, Work Hard, Play Hard, Be Kind and Have Fun.

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to have you here on the way to the new chapter in Tevi's life. She is going to have such fun and learn so much about herself. It seems like yesterday that your 14 year old self started spending summers with us. You have amazed me over the years with the changes and growth you have exhibited. Having only boys, you were my shot at female companionship while I watched you grow into such a special person. Guess you know your Aunt Sharon has a soft spot in her heart for you.

    ReplyDelete